Thursday, November 17, 2016

Affordable Fall Fashion || 5 Trends to Try!

Today's post is dedicated to fall style! More specifically, how to choose pieces and style outfits that are trending, yet still classic and wearable. I've refined this post to include outfits that incorporate five fall trends this season. A huge thank-you to my friend Madeline for her photography, styling, and modeling skills! Read on to find out tips for shopping and styling these fun fall-appropriate looks!



The first trend that I knew I definitely needed to feature is over-the-knee boots! They were extremely popular last year, and the trend isn't going anywhere! OTK boots are flattering, making legs look a mile long, cover more of the leg for those chilly days, but allow a little leg to peek out with dresses or skirts for a flirty and fun look. Best of all, as you can see below, changing heel height and other outfit pairings can allow the boots to work for both casual and dressy looks.



Boots: Target // Sweater: Old Navy // Skirt: Similar




over the knee boots from DSW
Boots: DSW // Jacket: Nordstrom Rack



The next trend on deck is velvet!! This trend hit HARD this season, but it can be tricky to choose and style pieces that don't come off tacky or overdone. I'm dying over this velvet bomber jacket because first of all, bomber jacket! Hello! Second of all, this piece when paired with simple pieces to complete the outfit, adds just enough detail to make things interesting without going overboard. Pair with black high-waisted jeans, boots, and a classic handbag and you're ready to go!



 Jacket: Nordstrom Rack // Boots: DSW // Purse: Tory Burch (similar)


Here are a few more fun velvet pieces to consider! I love how each one makes a bold statement, but I can imagine easy ways to style them for classic looks that are still sure to be on-trend!



Top: Nordstrom
Bootie: Steve Madden
Dress: Nordstrom



The next hot fall trend I want to touch on is mixing textures. You'll see in all the previous looks, I've combined different materials and textures to create more visual interest. This tweed jacket with faux leather detail has my heart! The tweed is so fall-appropriate and the leather jazzes up the blazer! No matter how you do it, multi-media outfits are sophisticated, interesting, and bold! You can look for pieces like this blazer that combines textures for you, or you can combine pieces from your wardrobe for a custom look all your own. For example, try a suede jacket and a silk blouse. That combo is on my list of looks to try this season!



Jacket: Nordstrom Rack  // Leggings: Athleta  // Pumps: BCBGeneration







Not so coincidentally, you may have noticed several of these trends are found overlapping in these looks. This is one of the best tips I could convey. Use pieces in multiple ways, combine trends, and have fun mixing and matching things in your wardrobe with the occasion in mind.





Another trend this fall (and every fall, let's be honest) is my personal favorite: LEATHER! Or more budget and animal friendly, faux leather! Faux leather is getting better and better these days, with ever-improving buttery soft and realistic looking fabrics. One of my absolute favorite brands to shop for the best faux leather jackets is BLANKNYC. I will link a few of my favorites by them below!


Sunnies: Quay




Skirt: Similar at H&M


I will note that the Athleta leggings are a faux leather-type fabric in the front, and a true Lycra legging in the back, which to me, is the best bang for my buck. I get comfort and style in one, and as previously shown, this faux leather skirt is perfect for a night out or dressing up during the holidays. Plus it was super affordable! This one is from Forever 21 a few seasons ago. The one I linked earlier in the post is similar, and also quite affordable. I have also linked an almost identical dupe from H&M!


You can't go wrong with leather accents this season! Here are some of my favorite leather jackets as promised.


Shop the looks:  one  // two // three // four // five // six



Last, but certainly not least, is bell sleeves! The runways boast a modern take on renaissance fashion, and I love it! This often incorporates white lace trim, velvet, and of course, billowy sleeves with ruffles and layers. I am showcasing a more minimalist take on this trend, with a simple sweater dress where the bell sleeves can really be the star of the show. I chose to keep the rest of the outfit straight-forward, with just the OTK boots from earlier and a simple black handbag. A fun detail like playing up the sleeves of a shirt or dress offers an easy peasy way to make it look like you spent more time on your look than you actually did!





Dress: Very J, Similar, Similar // Handbag: Nordstrom
Stay tuned for more fashion inspiration and other beauty content coming to my blog in the next month! Until then, I hope this post has given you some fun inspiration to go out and style yourself on-trend this fall! Please leave me a comment letting me know your favorite trends/pieces to rock this season, and give this post a share if you love the pieces as much as I do!



1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of erikareith blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete